Pediatric Septic Shock
1) The interactive Clinical Pathways have launched and they are available for free!
2) 2023 E/M coding guidelines are in effect. See the summary here.
In this episode, Sam Ashoo, MD, interviews Ara Festekjian, MD, one of the authors of the November 2022 Pediatric Emergency Medicine Practice article on Pediatric Septic Shock in the Emergency Department
Introduction: How common is sepsis in kids and what is the mortality rate in the US?
- Septic shock
- Sepsis associated organ dysfunction
- Compensated vs uncompensated shock
- Central line and VP shunts
- Immunocompromised children
- Septic shock + cardiogenic shock
- Warm vs cold shock
- Evolution of physical exam findings
- IV/IO placement
- Fluid boluses
- Airway management
- Febrile neutropenia
- Newborns with septic shock
- Fluid volume
- Fluid type
- Antibiotic timing
Last Updated on January 25, 2023