Episode 44 – Multi-system Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C): An Interview with Dr. Ilene Claudius and Dr. Mohsen Saidinejad
EMplify June 2020
Multi-system Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) with COVID-19: An Interview with Dr. Ilene Claudius and Dr. Mohsen Saidinejad.
- What is it and when did we discover it as an entity?
- Have either of you treated anyone with the disease?
- Discussion of different cohorts of patients with MIS-C.
- Definition of MIS-C.
- Shock: cardiogenic and distributive shock presentations.
- Fever, is 4 days required?
- Discussion of where in the COVID-19 illness MIS-C occurs.
- Is clinical shock a requirement?
- Screening criteria (labs) and the Children’s Hospital Of Philadelphia pathway.
- What is available as treatment?
- A discussion of IVIG
- Cytokine blockers
- Why IVIG?
- Complications of the disease.
- Why are there more cases in New York?
- How has MIS-C changed your practice of testing children?
- Is there utility in testing for COVID-19 infection or antibodies in these cases?
EB Medicine Novel 2019 Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19): An Updated Overview for Emergency Clinicians
EB Medicine COVID-19: The Impact on Pediatric Emergency Care
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Clinical Pathway for MIS-C.
Have questions or comments on the podcast? Leave us a voicemail at 678-336-8466, ext 128 or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Last Updated on January 25, 2023