In this episode of EMplify: Conversation – Sam Ashoo, MD, and TR Eckler, MD, speak with John Roberts, MD, MPH, about his work with the International Medical Corps and his efforts in Ukraine.
- What is the International Medical Corps (IMC) and what does it do?
- What has IMC been doing in the U.S.?
- What is involved in disaster response?
- What has IMC been doing in Ukraine?
- What are the conditions like in Ukraine now?
- How does bombing of civilian areas affect Ukraine and the IMC projects?
- How can we support IMC efforts?
- How can we volunteer with the IMC?
- How does IMC balance long-term efforts and short-term relief to prevent harm to communities?
- How has the war in Ukraine effected surrounding areas?
- What has been most frustrating and most rewarding for you in your work with IMC?
- How did you start your career in disaster medicine and how would someone interested in it follow your footsteps?
The Nuts & Bolts of Global EM, free e-book
Last Updated on January 25, 2023