In this episode, Sam Ashoo, MD, and TR Eckler, MD, discuss the December 2022 Evidence-Based Urgent Care article on Influenza in Urgent Care. The full article is available for free online.
- Historical data
- Since COVID, tracking “influenza-like illness” has been complicated
- Influenza deaths and age
- Annual mortality
- Influenza A, B, and C
- Hemagglutinin and neuraminidase subgroups
- Antigenic drift and shift
- Secondary infection
- Egg-based, cell-based, and recombinant influenza vaccines
- CDC recommendations
- Patients aged >65 years
- When is it indicated?
- What types of tests are available?
- Testing in periods of low and high prevalence
- High-risk conditions that suggest treatment
- Antiviral medications
- Oseltamivir: NNT and NNH
- Resistance patterns
Billing and Coding
Last Updated on January 25, 2023