Take a deeper dive into our peer-reviewed emergency medicine content with the EMplify podcast. Join hosts Sam Ashoo, MD and T.R. Eckler, MD for educational, conversational reviews of current evidence guaranteed to help you make your best clinical decisions. Each high-yield episode gives you practical, time-tested guidance from practicing emergency medicine clinicians and subject-matter experts. Listen and learn!
EMplify – December 2021
- The EB Medicine app is live and available for free in the Apple Store. Coming to Google Play soon. It is in Beta and your feedback is welcome. ,
- This month get a $50 Amazon Gift Card with all orders over $300 at https://www.ebmedicine.net
- Check out the newly redesigned FOAMed blog at https://www.ebmedicine.net/ebmblog/
Interview with author: Anthony Hackett, MD
Thoracic Aortic Syndromes
- Dissection, Intramural Hematoma, and Penetrating Aortic Ulcers
- Intima, media, and adventitia
- Epidemiology and classification
- Debakey vs Stanford classification- do we still use Debakey ?
- Risk Factors
- Prehospital Care – what should EMS be looking for?
- ED Care
- HTN, Pulse defecits, Chest Pain, Syncope?Table 3
- ADD-RS score
- EKG – STEMI?
- BP management
- Heart Rate
- Surgery – Who goes and when?
- Special populations
Last Updated on January 25, 2023