Take a deeper dive into our peer-reviewed emergency medicine content with the EMplify podcast. Join host Dr. Sam Ashoo for educational, conversational reviews of current evidence guaranteed to help you make your best clinical decisions. Each high-yield episode gives you practical, time-tested guidance from practicing emergency medicine clinicians and subject-matter experts. Listen and learn!
EMplify – March 2021
Management of Acute Urinary Retention in the Emergency Department
- An algorithmic approach to urinary retention.
- Relieve the obstruction
- Cudet cather
- Silicone catheter
- Suprapubic catheter
- Determine the cause –
- Medications / Toxicologic
- Alpha blockers
- Slow vs rapid bladder decompression
- Admit or discharge
- Phimosis and Paraphimosis
- New Airway Course Available: Current Topics in Airway Management: Mechanical Ventilation, Supraglottic Airway Devices, and Intubating Patients With COVID-19
- Upcoming Live Course: Dr. Scott Weingart – Traumatic Hemorrhage – April 13th., 8-9pm, EST
- Look for the “Key Points And Pearls From 2020” coming to your inbox or mailbox next month !
Last Updated on July 3, 2022