This month, Richard Pescatore, director of clinical research at Crozer-Keystone Health System and clinical assistant professor at the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, along with Andrew Nyce, vice chairman and associate professor at cooper medical school of Rowan University reviewed just over 100 articles to come up with their evidence-based recommendations.
Their recommendations were then edited by John Munyak of Maimonides and Mark Silverberg of SUNY Downstate and Kings County Hospital.
- * Ponce BA, Kundukulam JA, Pflugner R, et al. Sternoclavicular joint surgery: how far does danger lurk below? J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2013;22(7):993-999. (Prospective cohort; 49 patients)
- * Slaven EJ, Mathers J. Differential diagnosis of shoulder and cervical pain: a case report. J Man Manip Ther. 2010;18(4):191-196. (Case report)
- * Helfen T, Ockert B, Pozder P, et al. Management of prehospital shoulder dislocation: feasibility and need of reduction. Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2016;42(3):357-362. (Retrospective review; 70 patients)
- * Lenza M, Belloti JC, Andriolo RB, et al. Conservative interventions for treating middle third clavicle fractures in adolescents and adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014(5):CD007121. (Systematic review; 3 trials, 354 patients)
- * Neer CS, 2nd. Displaced proximal humeral fractures: part I. Classification and evaluation. 1970. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2006;442:77-82. (Review article)
- * Sholsberg J, Jackson R. Best evidence topic report. Intra-articular corticosteroid injections in acute rheumatoid monoarthritides. Emerg Med J. 2004;21(2):204. (Systematic review; 1 study, 137 patients)
Last Updated on April 29, 2022