Interested in COVID-19 visualizations? This visual shows COVID-19 cases per capita, throughout U.S. counties for the entire pandemic in 60 seconds. It’s a fascinating way to see the disease burden wax and wane across the country during the pandemic.
The visual was generated by David West, Predictive Analytics Technical Specialist and Data Scientist for IBM.
David used the same data to create an identical visual of the deaths across the U.S. during the pandemic.
As things improve throughout the country and COVID-19 cases and deaths continue to decrease, we hope you are safe and well.
Sam Ashoo, MD
For more information about COVID-19, see these EB Medicine publications:
- Breakthroughs, Boosters, and Beyond: A Practical Primer on Current Challenges with COVID-19 (October, 2021)
- Emergency Department Clinical Operations During a Pandemic: Lessons Learned and Future Directions (April, 2021)
- Practical Protocols for Managing Patients With SARS-CoV-2 Infection (COVID-19) in the Emergency Department (February, 2021)
- Current Topics in Airway Management: Mechanical Ventilation, Supraglottic Airway Devices, and Intubating Patients With COVID-19 (December, 2020)
- COVID-19: The Effects on the Practice of Pediatric Emergency Medicine (June, 2020)
- Novel 2019 Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19): An Overview for Emergency Clinicians – 5/1/20 (May, 2020)
Last Updated on November 30, 2021